If you are a healer, then the likelihood is that you felt called to it. That it is part of what makes you, you. As a young woman in my twenties, I had a deeply spiritual nature and a keen interest in angels. It seemingly came from nowhere. I had no family or friends who were religious or spiritual. I had no early mentors to guide me down this route. I just felt, inside of me, a deep resonance to Angels, God, and the spiritual side of life. I had also experienced a hard childhood, littered with abuse, emotionally insecurity and challenges. So, by the time I was twenty I had deeply rooted emotional issues that were impacting my life. The universe was calling me to seek out healing. At this time, in the 1990’s, spiritual healing was just gaining pace. It was still seen as very ‘woo-woo’ but there was a small circle of spiritual healers in my local town. I went along to one, who proved to have a profound impact on my life. Not only were the healing sessions deeply transformative for me, but she also saw a healer within me (I had no clue!) and she urged me to attend her Spiritual Healing course later that month.
At that time, I couldn’t have felt less like a healer! I knew I had a lot of personal healing to go through, and as fate would have it, I didn’t step into healing others until 10 years later, when I had grown and evolved into my skin! But it had sown the seed, and the potential was there.
Spiritual healers come in many forms. There are those who practice reiki, kinesiology, yoga, meditation, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, herbalism, acupuncture, EFT, or those who heal through writing, and a whole range of other practices. Sometimes healers work in healthcare; as activists, mediums, massage therapists, energy healers, intuitives, shamans, counsellors, and more. There are those who are healers but don’t yet know it, like me. These are often the people who end up dedicating their lives to a cause and to helping to end the suffering of others. This was typical for me. I always worked in helping roles before I stepped into healing full time.
In my experience there are many signs that point people toward their true calling as a healer. I’ve compiled some of these below, based on my own personal experience and from what I know of other healers around me. Have a look and see how many resonate with you:
- You are very sensitive to energy. You are intuitive and read people and ‘the room’ easily. Your energy can be brought down very quickly by negativity or low vibrational environments.
- You have gone through bouts of depression, anxiety, or panic in the past.
- You often feel and think differently to others around you, and it feels like you don’t fit in. You prefer being alone and are introverted in large groups. Your energy is often drained after social gatherings.
- You often feel overwhelmed in public places, especially if they are too busy or noisy.
- People are often drawn to you to confide in and emotionally unload on you, even strangers! This is because you’re an excellent, compassionate listener. When talking with others you can tell what they are thinking or what they want – without them telling you.
- You experience digestive issues, lower back pain, or gain weight around the stomach (solar plexus/sacral chakra disorders).
- Animals and children are often drawn to you – you have a natural way with them.
- You don’t see the world as black and white, rather, in shades of grey.
- You’re very aware of the interconnectedness of life and humanity and the connection between mind, body and spirit.
- You believe in synchronicities rather than in coincidences.
- You’ve experienced trauma in your life, e.g., loss of your family, life-threatening illness, near-death experience, physical/sexual/emotional abuse, war, mental illness.
- You’ve gone through spiritual awakening, a dark night of the soul or have always felt ‘awake’ from childhood.
- You have always had an unexplained fascination with spiritual beings, or topics and may have had mystical experiences.
- You are a right brain thinker as opposed to a left brained thinker.
- You are naturally drawn towards helping professions like psychology or counselling or nursing.
- You have vivid or lucid dreams that either closely connects to past or future events, or which seem to deliver a message either for you or someone close to you.
- You are a natural giver and helper. There is a strong desire to put others at ease and eliminate suffering. You often act on these impulses, even when it means inconvenience or a loss of resources for your own self.
- You have a vast amount of empathy, sympathy, and compassion. Your heart aches when you see someone in mental or physical pain and you’re keenly aware of and concerned about the struggles of other humans and animals.
- You get excited by the concept of being a healer. You have always been interested in meeting healers, trying out new modes of healing, hearing others stories of healing, and reading books on the subject. You get a sense of excitement when you allow yourself to think that you might be a healer.
Can you see yourself within this list? If you resonate with these signs, you might be on your own healing journey. Embrace the calling, explore the modalities that speak to your soul, and trust the process. Remember, the world needs your unique healing energy. You're not just a healer; you're a beacon of light in the lives of those seeking solace and transformation.
Wishing you love, light, and a fulfilling journey on the path of healing!
Further Resources & Blogs
- Healing Crisis – what is it and are you having one? Blog Post
- Heal With The Angels - Angel Energy Healing Level 1 Digital Online Course
- How to learn Angel Energy Healing – Blog Post
- Distant Energy Healing – Blog Post
- 5 Ways Angel Energy Healing Helps You
Angel Energy Healing Level 1 Digital Online Course