What is getting in the way of you living your best life? What's holding you back? Which areas need more work?
Many years ago, when I was at college studying for my counselling qualifications, I was introduced to the Personal Assessment Wheel. When I took the test I scored myself fairly low on a few areas. Money was shocking because I wasn’t earning, my physical health was poor because I was neglecting myself and my own needs and fun and recreation were just non-existent.
Now, thank God, the scores are all much higher!
So, what is 'The Whole You Personal Assessment Wheel'?
Life coaches, like me, love them! They are a great way to get people to think about areas of their life and how well they’re working for them. They're super simple and really easy to complete but they do actually get you to focus on the details. It gives you a nice little visual of the areas that you are flourishing in, and the areas that you need to work on.
The Whole You Personal Assessment Wheel
Print your Assessment Wheel here and get ready to make life happier!!
And How Do I Complete it?
I going to ask you to think about what success or satisfaction would feel like for each area and then ayou can rank your level of satisfaction with each area of your life by drawing a line across each segment. You’ll need to place a value between 1 (very dissatisfied) and 10 (fully satisfied) against each area to show how satisfied you are currently with each category in your life.
Ask yourself the following questions in each category and then work out what score, out of 10 you think that would equate to.
Answer the important life questions to help you analyse your results, get laser focussed on the areas that need more work and then take action!
Ask yourself these questions in each category and then work out what score you would give yourself for satisfaction in that area settings
- Do you love your work?
- Do you get to use your talents and skills in the job that you do?
- Do you enjoy the work environment and the people you work with?
- Is there opportunity for growth and development in your job?
- Do you feel like you're in the right job for you?
Fun and Leisure Time
- Do you regularly take the time to play and have fun?
- Do you even know which activities renew you and bring you joy, and if so, do you actually do them regularly?
- Do you carve any time out in your diary to have fun and relax?
- Do you know how to create fun for yourself?
Money and Finances
- Do you have enough money to do and have the things you want in life?
- Do you manage your money and financial affairs well?
- Are you free from the worry of money?
- Does your financial future feel stable or unsteady?
- Do you feel supported and nourished by your home?
- Are you surrounded by things you love that have meaning to you?
- Do you have a satisfying level of order in your surroundings?
- Is your wardrobe a clear expression of who you are?
- Does your belief system sustain you no matter what life throws your way?
- Are you engaged in the unfolding of your own life and loving the adventure?
- Do you regularly experience living a life that you love and love who you are becoming?
- Do you regularly engage in activities and learning that grow and expand you?
Health and Wellbeing
- Do you approach your health in a proactive and generative way, rather than crisis management mode?
- Are you satisfied with your level of vitality and wellbeing?
- Do you have support systems in place that allow you to easily maintain your health and wellbeing?
- Are you conscious of your body and fitness level and do you take responsibility for your physical wellbeing?
- Do you know what works for you to maintain your physical health and do you consistently do it?
- Do you have a good number of friends?
- Do your friendships nourish and sustain you?
- Are you a good friend and do you make yourself available for your friendships?
- Do you trust the relationships that you have with your friends?
- Do you love and make the most of the time you spend with friends?
- Are you satified with the level of contact you have with your family?
- Do you ever hide things or aspects of yourself from your family members?
- Are you satisifed with the role that you play and the level of contribution you have in your family?
- Do you experience family life as being a positive experience?
- Are you open to creating an intimate loving relationship?
- Are you free from past resentments or blame in the are of intimate relationships?
- Are you willing to risk yourself for the sake of intimacy?
- Do you create romance in your life?
Download the Personal Assessment Wheel Here and find out what it is you need to work on to make life amazing!